Members of the Ethical Inspectors Program have been verified and agreed to adhere to our Member Code of Ethics
As Members of the Ethical Inspectors Program, we recognize our professional and personal obligations to our clients, to our company employees, to our industry, and to this association. We also recognize that through a commitment to a high level of ethical and professional standards, we not only better our industry, but everyone who comes into contact with our company.
Therefore, as a Member of the Ethical Inspectors association, we pledge to support and uphold the Ethical Inspectors exemplary standards and principles of professional conduct as presented below in our Member Code of Ethics.
Member Code Of Ethics
- Members will perform their services in accordance with the laws of the city and state that they operate in.
- Members will protect client interests by providing valuable consumer information they need in making wise real estate decisions.
- Members will not misrepresent services to a client or infer that additional services must be purchased for an extra cost once a firm quote has already been presented.
- Members will not utilize "Bait-and Switch" business practices of advertising low-price offers that they have no intention of honoring.
- Members will not exercise commission-only hiring practices which compels employees to exercise unethical hard-sell tactics solely for the purpose of creating a livable wage at the expense of clients' true service needs.
- Members will not misrepresent facts about warranties or quality of service.
- Members will strongly guarantee their work.
- Members will be ethical and honest in all of their business and professional relationships.
- Members will not accept compensation, financial or otherwise for repairs notated on the inspection report.
- Members will make every effort to uphold, maintain and improve the professional practice, integrity and reputation of Ethical Inspectors. They will report any and all violations of this code by other members to Ethical Inspectors.
Members found by the Ethical Inspectors Client Response Committee to have knowingly violated the Code of Ethics will risk expulsion from the association. Documented complaints that are not resolved in a professional manner will be posted on this site as an informational resource for Consumers.